Virtual reality is revolutionising the quality and accuracy of training programmes for the military, providing the chance for military personnel to not only understand the skills they are proficient in, but where they must learn and develop further.
Virtual reality training is conducted using head mounted displays (HMD) with an inbuilt tracking system. At Nautilus we have incorporated and developed the capability to provide real-time visual head tracking within VBS3 to bring effective training for a fraction of the cost. The applications for VR training are endless- for example, scenario-based training using the Oculus Rift can help develop high intensity combat awareness and place students in an extreme hostile environments from the comfort of a controlled area alleviating danger to themselves.
- Able to simulate dangerous or risky situations within a controlled environment
- Accurate and realistic simulations
- Cater for large numbers of students over various locations
- Peer review, feedback and ongoing assessment
- Visualisation of complex concepts and theories
- Exploration of virtual scenarios as experience for real world scenarios
- Cost effective
- Flexible and portable